Thursday, May 20, 2010

Twitter's Flatline

Twitter's not growing. It peaked in July of 2009 to 29.2 million users and then dropped to 23.6 million unique users by the end of last year. I've tried to understand the Twitter rage but I just don't. I guess others are losing the need to tweet as well. Although it can be used as a marketing tools, the posts I've seen have had more to do with useless information. Do I really care if you are enjoying a cup of coffee? Do I really care that you like to have all kinds of bowel movements? (I did not make that up).



One of the reasons I started this blog was frustration with Twitter. I do have something to say and I was to express myself in more than 140 characters. If you are reading this, you are reading my opinion and I can make it as long or as short as I want. Some articles I've read about Twitter claim that the 140 characters is one of Twitter's strength. I don't get that. I understand the need to be concise in writing but the 140 character limit leads to more trivial posts then meaningful dialog.

If you have something to say - say it. If you don't, Tweet it!

No comments:

Post a Comment