Sunday, June 6, 2010

European Distance and E-Learning Network

Tomorrow I leave for Valenica, Spain. It is time for the annual conference organized by the European Distance and E-Learning Network (EDEN). This is the second year I am attending the EDEN conference. Last year it was in Gdansk, Poland and this year's venue is Universidad Politecnica de Valencia. The conference theme is Media Aspirations for Learning: What Makes the Impact? Last year I presented a paper on what types of students are best suited for e-learning and this year I am presenting a paper of e-learning and learning styles. I'm also show a demonstration of the academic social networking site for statistics students. I am also pleased to report that my paper on learning styles is one of six papers nominated for the Best Research Paper of the conference (see page 19 of the conference program). I found the nominee list interesting as it contains four Canadians and two Israelis (the two form Israel are from the same author). As they say, it's just an honour to be nominated.  


I am very excited about the conference as the program has many interesting sessions relating to social media, digital content creation and informal learning. It is also very enlightening to interact and network with the European think tank on e-learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment